A great musical event “My Urban Piano Luxembourg” will take place from June 6 to June 21 this year. A few weeks ago, Luxembourg City Tourist Office announced that 15 pianos would be installed in different parts of Luxembourg.
Image Source: Flickr
The tourists and the residents of Luxembourg can remember that Luxembourg organized the similar project last year. It is known as “Sit Back and Enjoy the Summer.” Pianos and chairs were installed around the capital. So, people had a splendid opportunity to take advantage of great weather. Also, they could enjoy listening wonderful music.
In general, the project was successful. However, some incidents took place. As a result, ten chairs were vandalized, 18 chairs were broken, and 26 chairs were stolen. This summer pianos and chairs are returning back to Luxembourg. Don’t miss your chance to participate in the musical event and win the prize!
15 Street Pianos in Luxembourg
Today, we can see that pianos are installed in parks, in the hall of Grand Theatre de la Ville railway station and on the major streets in Luxembourg. Pianos are installed the City park, the park in Merl, Park Tony Neuman and the Rousegaertchen. Totally, 15 pianos are installed by partners and sponsors of the projects.
Bellow, we want to provide you with the list of 15 pianos installed in Luxembourg:
1. Parc Pescatore. This piano is located in the foyer scolaire Eich.
2. Parc Edmond Klein on avenue Marie Therese. This piano is located in the Foyer scolaire Bonnevoie, rue du Verger.
3. Campus Geesseknappchen. This piano is located in Athenee de Luxembourg.
4. Parvis du Grand Theatre de la Ville. This piano is located in the St George’s International School Luxembourg.
5. Parc «Coque» – Kirchberg. This piano is located in the Maison des Jeunes «In Move» Neudorf.
6. Gare de Luxembourg. This piano is located in the Foyer scolaire Gare.
7. Rue de la Reine. This piano is located in the Ligue HMC Day Center, Luxembourg.
8. Neimenster. This piano is located in the Foyer scolaire Dommeldange.
9. Piano mobile – differents lieux. This piano is located in the foyer scolaire Rollingergrund.
10. Parc Merl-Belair. This piano is located in the Foyer scolaire Hollerich.
11. Plateau du Saint-Esprit, Ascenseur Grund. This piano is located in the Foyer scolaire Cents.
12. Rives de Clausen. This piano is located in Maison des Jeunes «River» Clausen.
13. Gasperich, place de l’Horloge – rue Tony Bourg. This piano is located in Maison des Jeunes Gasperich.
14. Bonnevoie, place du Parc. This piano is located in foyer scolaire Bonnevoie, rue J-B. Gellee.
15. Place des Martyrs. This piano is located in Capel – Aktioun Bambesch.
How to Participate in “My Urban Piano Luxembourg”
Actually, everyone can participate in the “My Urban Piano Luxembourg” event. No matter, whether you are an experienced pianist or a beginner. You can participate in this wonderful project and win the prize.
In fact, it is very easy to participate in the project. All that you need to do is to organize a mini concert on one of the 15 pianos in Luxembourg. Then just download the video of the concert either to FaceBook or YouTube. As a result, the winner will be announced. This year the winner of “My Urban Piano Luxembourg” musical contest is going to receive Ipad.
The musical contest has already begun. It will finish on June 21. So, you can participate in the musical event right now. You will need to take the following steps to participate in “My Urban Piano Luxembourg” contest: 1) organize a mini concert; 2) watch a video; 3) download it either to FaceBook or YouTube 4) send a link with your concert’s video to email@example.com email address; 5) provide your name, address and phone number in the email. Good luck!